Case Book Launch: Improving Health Care in Low-and Middle-Income Countries
Launch of the Open Access Improving Health Care in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: A Case Book
This webinar will highlight, through a brief presentation and remarks from USAID and case book authors, how implementers can benefit from this new USAID-supported resource for health care improvement.The presentation will outline the scope of the book, who contributed cases (organizations that implemented the QI efforts and the funding organizations), how the cases were chosen to provide a broad portrait of what improvement efforts look like in low-resource settings, and highlighting some of the results produced by the cases featured.
Available at: https://www.springer.com/us/book/9783030431112
When: Thursday June 4, 2020 10:00am-12:00pm EDT
[7:00am California, 8:00am Tegucigalpa and Guatemala City; 10:00am Port-au-Prince; 4:00 pm Pretoria; 4:00 pm Amsterdam; 5:00 pm Dar es Salaam; 5:00 pm Moscow; 5:00 pm Kyiv; 6:00 pm Tbilisi; 7:30 pm Delhi]
- Welcome (USAID)
- Presentation “A Resource for Improvers and Students of Improvement” by Case Book Editor Lani Marquez, USAID ASSIST Project
- Discussion with Jim Heiby and Rhea Bright about the development of the QI Case Book, their hopes for the book, and how it can be useful to health care managers, health workers, and students of health care improvement.
- Discussion with Authors Group #1: Themes: Strengthening health systems, improving service delivery, and supporting progress toward country self-reliance
- Cases in Author Group #1: Georgia, Guatemala, Haiti, Tanzania, Uganda (gender), Ukraine
- Discussion with Authors #2: Themes: Organizing and institutionalizing structures and processes to sustain high-quality health systems, and the strategic value of quality improvement approaches in an emergency response
- Cases in Author Group #2: India, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Mozambique, Uganda (VMMC), and Honduras (Zika)
- Closing Remarks (USAID Office of Health Systems and Rashad Massoud, USAID ASSIST Project)
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/case-book-launch-improving-health-care-in-low-and-middle-income-countries-tickets-102438775134
Email questions for the authors and editor to email@example.com by Tuesday, June 2nd