USAID's Support to Global Health Research and Development
Global Health Research and Development (R&D) programs support the development and introduction of new and improved drugs, diagnostics, vaccines, tools, and approaches. USAID's Bureau of Global Health is hosting six webinars throughout March and April 2018 to presents USAID's approaches to global health research and development and the impact these have on saving and improving lives around the world. Each webinar will focus on a global health topic and draw examples from investments made in 2016 and beyond.
After actively participating in these webinars, you will be able to:
- Describe how USAID approaches global health research and development.
- Describe the impact of health R&D investments made in 2016-2017 by USAID.
- Describe how USAID leverages partnerships for global health R&D.
- Wednesday, March 7, 12 - 1 p.m. EDT: USAID's Approach to Global Health R&D
- Wednesday, March 14, 12 - 1 p.m. EDT: Population and Reproductive Health: Global Health R&D
- Wednesday, March 21, 12 - 1 p.m. EDT: HIV/AIDS: Global Health R&D
- Wednesday, March 28, 12 - 1 p.m. EDT: Global Health Grand Challenges: R&D
- Wednesday, April 4, 12 - 1 p.m. EDT: Infectious Diseases: Global Health R&D
- Wednesday, April 11, 12 - 1 p.m. EDT: Health Systems and Maternal and Child Health: R&D