How a Gender-sensitive Quality Improvement Approach Supports Integrated People-centered Health Services
The World Health Organization framework on integrated people-centered health services (IPCHS) supports increasing timely access to essential health services and making health care more people-centered through five strategic shifts in health care systems:
- Empowering and engaging people
- Strengthening governance and accountability
- Reorienting the model of care
- Coordinating services within and across sectors
- Creating an enabling environment
The short report available here discusses why and how to address gender issues within the IPCHS framework.