How to Investigate Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy: An Indicator-Based Approach
The International Network for Rational Use of Drugs (INRUD) has published a set of tools to help HIV program managers accurately assess the level of patient adherence to antiretroviral therapy. The tools can be used as a facility level or across multiple facilities to identify sites which are performing below average, in order to examine the causes of low adherence.
The INRUD website offers the following downloadable files:
- The manual: “Adherence Indicator Survey Manual”
- The data collection forms for country-level customization (password “INRUD”); printing for data collection; and for double data entry: "Questionnaires"
- The form which will automatically consolidate the data: "Consolidated"
- The training slides to train the data collectors: "Team Leader Role;" "Dispensing Records;" "Exit Interviews;" and "Facility Form"
- The report template: "Adherence Survey Report Template"