ISQua supplement on Salzburg Global Seminar Session 565—‘Better Health Care: how do we learn about improvement?’
ASSIST spearheaded the Salzburg Global Seminar (Session 565) on ‘Better Health Care: how do we learn about improvement?’ in July 2016, bringing together over 60 leaders in improvement and research from 28 countries, to think through the best ways to learn about improvement and address questions of attribution, generalizability, and rigor. To capture and disseminate insights from the seminar, the International Journal for Quality in Health Care invited participants to share reflections and learning from the event in this special supplement.
An editorial by Rashad Massoud, Leighann Kimble, Don Goldmann, John Øvretveit, and Nancy Dixon serves as an introduction to the seven other articles:
- Editorial: Salzburg Global Seminar Session 565—‘Better Health Care: how do we learn about improvement?’
Massoud MR, Kimble LE, Goldmann D, Øvretveit J, Dixon N.
Links to the articles are available below:
- Quality improvement and emerging global health priorities
Mensah Abrampah N, Syed SB, Hirschhorn LR, Nambiar B, Iqbal U, Garcia-Elorrio E, Chattu VK, Devnani M, Kelley E.
- A framework for learning about improvement: embedded implementation and evaluation design to optimize learning
Barry D, Kimble LE, Nambiar B, Parry G, Jha A, Chattu VK, Massoud MR, Goldmann D.
- Unpacking the black box of improvement
Øvretveit J, Dolan-Branton L, Marx M, Reid A, Reid J, Agins B.
- Adapting improvements to context: when, why and how?
Ramaswamy R, Reed J, Livesley N, Boguslavsky V, Garcia-Elorrio E, Sax S, Diarra H, Kimble LE, Parry G.
- Research versus practice in quality improvement? Understanding how we can bridge the gap
Hirschhorn LR, Ramaswamy R, Devnani M, Wandersman A, Simpson LA, Garcia-Elorrio E.
- Practical recommendations for the evaluation of improvement initiatives
Parry G, Coly A, Goldmann A, Rowe AK, Chattu VK, Logiudice D, Rabrenovic M, Nambiar B.
- Learning about improvement to address global health and healthcare challenges—lessons and the future