USAID ASSIST Project: Overview of Zika Activities
As part of the Zika virus epidemic emergency response, ASSIST is providing intensive assistance to the Ministries of Health and Social Security Administrations in several countries in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Activities supported include:
- conducting a baseline assessment of the quality of Zika-related care,
- improving Zika-related clinical guidelines,
- training healthcare providers on counseling skills,
- improving Zika-related clinical processes,
- conducting face-to-face and virtual courses on Zika-related health care,
- implementing a Zika quality improvement program, and
- cultivating a Zika community of practice to rapidly scale up learning across all affected countries.
This flyer gives a brief overview of the USAID ASSIST Project’s work on the Zika activity, providing information on key accomplishments to date, a map of the countries where we work on improving care in Zika, and links to our online repositories for Zika resources in English and Spanish.